so I got an email from Gladys a month later, she told me she now used a new email address and her son is Artist Director of Sichuan Symphony Orchestra in Chengdu.
I wrote a short piece based on Gladys Perint Palmer’s unique work
這個週末收到 Gladys 的信, 謝謝她的鼓勵與作品, 讓我有機會創作新的聲音 ～
“Gladys Perint Palmer studied fashion design at Central Saint Martin’s School of Art in London, under the guidance of illustrator Elizabeth Suter. She continued on to the Parsons School of Design in New York where she focused on fashion illustration and, in the early Eighties, was appointed Fashion Editor of the San Francisco Examiner.
- Born in Budapest, Hungary, she now lives in San Rafael, California with her husband, the writer and opera producer Simon Palmer.
- She is an esteemed illustrator, writer and tutor and is the Executive Director of Fashion at San Francisco’s Academy of Art. In honour of her achievements, Mayor Gavin Newsom dedicated May 24th 2006 to be Gladys Perint Palmer day in San Francisco. Covering the European Fashion collections her reports feature in top publications including, The Sunday Times, The New York TimesMagazine, The New Yorker, Russian L’Officiel and Vogue.
- Advertising clients have included Oscar de la Renta, Dior, Valentino and Chanel as well as Neiman-Marcus and the Metropolitan Museum.
- Perint-Palmer has exhibited internationally in New York, San Francisco, Milan, Paris, Shanghai, Hong Kong and London, including the Picture This exhibition at Central Saint Martins’s School of Art, London (2005).
- In 1998 the Fashion Book, published by Phaidon Press, named her one of 500 people of influence in fashion since 1860. Assouline published her book of drawings and captions, Fashion People, in 2003.
- Advertising clients have included Oscar de la Renta, Dior, Valentino and Chanel as well as Neiman-Marcus and the Metropolitan Museum.”